Joining or visiting a new church can be filled with anxiety. This section will help you acclimate to what you will experience when you join us for any of our events. We look forward walking together with you and we pray we become a blessing to you and your family!
Our Sunday and Wednesday gatherings are a beautiful time of worship and fellowship together. These gatherings are growing fast and they truly display the strength of the church. Gathering with us as we pray and worship along side each other is paramount to our walk with the Lord. But in case you are wondering what to expect, here are some practical guidelines to plan your first visit:
- Finding Us: Our address is 3208 Kutztown Rd, Reading PA 19605 (Click for Directions)
- What to Wear: Most of our folks dress casual. Some wear a tie, some come straight from work, but most are casual. Come as you are!
- Where to Park: Parking is on either side of our building in the adjacent parking lots. You may use any of these parking spaces and of course "on street" parking.
- Where to Come In: The main entrance is the entrance on the main road (Kutztown Rd.)
- Arrival: You will be greeted as you enter the building and our greeters will be glad to answer any questions you may have. They can show you where the restrooms are or help you find a seat. Otherwise, you may feel free to find a seat wherever you like. There is always room :)
- Times and Duration: Our service times on Sundays are typically from 10AM to 12PM. Wednesday nights are typically from 7PM to 8:30PM.
- Children's Church: If you have children, we have an excellent Sunday School program on Sundays and we also provide activities for children during our Wednesday night services. Upon arriving, you may take your children back to our Children's Church area where our Children's Team will help you sign them in (As early as 10 minutes before service; Ages 1-10). We also provide a room for mothers with infants where we Live Stream our service if your little one gets fussy. Please remember to sign your children out after service. We take safety to heart and we will only release children to their parent or guardian following our services.
The last Sunday of every month we have a Remember Me Communion Service. These are wonderful events where we spend the entire service remembering Jesus and the work he has done for us. These are also great times to get to know each other. If you join us on a "last Sunday of the month" here are some things you can expect:
- Service starts at the normal time of 10AM
- Chairs will be arranged as usual for a Sunday morning
- There will be a time of worship and singing
- The message for the week will focus on Jesus and remembering Him
- After the message, we will bring out tables for communion (this takes about 5 minutes)
- We take communion together at our tables
- Service is dismissed after a prayer
- Following service, all are invited to stay for a potluck style lunch and fellowship! These are always great times of food and fun. Jesus took time to sit with his disciples. We should too :)
Small group settings with a focused topic are another great way to get connected at Today's Church. We have monthly men's and women's group meetings. We also have periodic classes and support groups to cover special topics. If you would like to participate in some of these events, here are some tips to get you connected:
- Announcements for upcoming group events are always posted at our gatherings during an announcements segment
- Announcements are also sent out in a weekly email update for those who have provided us an email address
- You can email us at email@example.com to provide your contact information
At Today's Church there are lots of ways to get involved. Once you make the decision to make TC your home, the next best thing is to get involved. Here are some ways people serve at TC:
- Greeting - Making people feel welcome and showing new folks around
- Ushers - Setting up for our events and making sure the facility is safe
- Transportation - Providing rides for guests in the area who otherwise would not make it
- Serving the Homeless - Joining a team for any of our events where we serve the less fortunate
- Teaching - Sitting down with friends, family or strangers and sharing lessons from our Core Teaching series
- Potluck - Preparing meals for our monthly Communion Services
- Compassion - Providing help and meals to families going through hardships
- Worship - Singing or playing instruments to help create an atmosphere of praise and worship
Many more opportunities to serve will arise as we grow. Send us an email and anything you would like to help out with and we will get you moving in that direction!